Salam from the United Arab Emirates!

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
Delta4

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi everyone. Expat here living in the UAE and have backed 60+ Kickstarter projects.

Here are my pro's and con's of Kickstarter at the moment

Pro's
  • Get to support up and coming guys and girls do their thing much the same way as I would hope to be supported
    Survival of the Fittest - the tends to be the better projects coming through although sometimes that is questionable!
    I get to see the updates on a new product as the project progresses
    I get new and exciting products before others
    I sometimes get a thank you as part of a product or built into the product also
Con's
  • Projects that go bust!
    Projects that give no updates
    Super late schedules
    Backers who change their product too much from the original design
    Poorly thought design changes, sometimes recommended by backers
numbat1

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Welcome to BackerClub.

Can't disagree strongly with any of your points. I do think how the campaign if run if often more important to success than how good a product is.
TashaTurner

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Welcome. Well summed up. Too many backers don't think about the consequences of requested changes. More and more of my suggestions (Or sometimes this is my input when stretch goals are going crazy) include 'and ship new ideas/upgrades/add-ons 6 months after original project ships".
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
IsrealNahsohn

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:45 pm

I agree with all points as well. As far as backer suggestions, assuming they are just helpful suggestions, they are a good idea for future upgrades or generations. Sometimes you are tunnel visioned and getting an outside idea would be helpful. Just my 2 cents.