Greetings from Lobster.

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
Lobster

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:39 am

Hello. The "Lobster" nickname is from back when I was a biology student. I later transitioned into business adminstration in college and began working towards the project management and scientific management areas.

I collect carnivorous plants, speedcubes, anime, yo-yos and this year I started to learn to fly RC helicopters.

What is the first project I backed on Kickstarter?
No Time to Explain back in May 2011.

How many projects have I backed?
At the time of this post I have backed 683 projects.

What types of projects do I back?
Most of my pledges are to indie video game projects that support Linux, but I also sometimes pledge to tabletop and film-related projects. I am a first day backer checking Kickstarter every day. It means if I did't pledge to a campaign on the day it launched then I likely won't decide to pledge to it later unless it is in a final countdown rush to reach its goal.

I hope I will get to discuss the science of crowdfunding with others here on BackerClub. I use graphs to critique Kickstarter projects. A graph I made recently for Battle Chef Brigade is an example of the types of graphs I post to my Imgur.
TashaTurner

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Wow your charts and your commitment to projects is impressive and a bit intimidating. My approach is much more laid back and eclectic. I've backed ~160 projects since 2011 - 19 failed including the 1st I backed/ran for a friend. I'm having a hard time figuring links out (at least preview shows them wrong).

I look forward to getting to know others who back many projects and see how we each determine what to back and why.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
MandyKat

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Lobster,

Amazing charts! My method is a little more esoteric - Do I want it? Is there someone I know who wants it? Is this project so great that it simply MUST be available to the Earth? Does it make science/technology/dance/art/food a little more fun/understandable/attainable/sustainable? Is it just plain awesome? Does the price point make sense?

Do I want it?

Not quite as rational as charts. The data might make me feel more empowered by this daily obsession. Still fun! Thanks for sharing!

~Amanda "MandyKat" Montoya
~Amanda "MandyKat" Montoya
BackerClub Two Star member
numbat1

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello Lobster. My family already thinks I am crazy for the amount of time I spend on Kickstarter. I can't imagine my life changing sufficiently to allow the kind of dedication you show, let alone being a first day or nothing backer.

I look forward to seeing some of the projects you back.

Katrina