Vegetables from Belgium!

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
Arphy

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi fellow backers!

In Dutch we often say (or erroneously write) "groenten van ..." instead of "groeten van ...". While the latter means "greetings from ...", the first is translated as "vegetables from ...". Anyway! My name is Koen, avid Kickstarter since the Pebble (I backed for 10 and sold 9 to my colleagues... without profit) and up for a daily check of new projects.

I've backed over 200 but I'm slowing down a notch: my newborn has cystic fybrosis and the treatment promises to be expensive. So - being a tad more picky now.

Um what else is there to say. I'm 37, Master in Laws doing IT (in the broadest sense) as sidejob. My interests are... I'm not interested in watching TV. I'm interested in everything else.

Questions? Shoot!
A
TashaTurner

Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Welcome.

Sorry to hear about your newborn. May all the research being done provide a cheap and complete cure.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
numbat1

Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Welcome Arphy.

Thank you for the smile and the greater understanding of your language.

Your life must be very busy with a newborn and when your child has a chronic disease like CF it can be even more exhausting. I have worked with many CF patients previously and most were amazing people. I have also seen treatment, life expectancy, and quality of life improve drastically over the years. I pray it continues to do so and as Tasha mentioned I also hope for a complete cures at some point soon.

I look forward to chatting more and hearing about what projects you think worth backing.