KS junkie

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
Hellionz

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi...... Don't really know what to say.
600+ KS projects with about 15% of them being $1 just to follow the projects. Rest actual rewards.
Hate IGGO but the plexidrone project is draining my wallet.
Lobster

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum.

The retractable landing gear on the Plexidrone is a cool feature in a drone that inexpensive. I saw the RC Groups thread about that project. More of the automatic following drones have been becoming available recently. It looks like it could be a good RTF (Ready To Fly) drone and it is interesting to watch how the prices have fallen over time.

People who just immediately start flying after only reading the instructions may be fine for many flights but then panic in new situations like finding themselves in a nose-in orientation with the some of the inputs suddenly reversed. There is the return to home GPS feature on drones, but it is not good to become too reliant on those. If it's your first large RC aircraft then it is good to start learning basic skills in a simulator or on a cheap nano type quadcopter to avoid making a costly mistake with the real thing when in manual control. I was flying a small quadcopter lacking GPS frequently this year around my local park.