Introduction and question

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
eric11210

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 am

Hi all,

Pretty new to the whole crowdfunding thing but I've very quickly gotten hooked on it. Anyway, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Eric. I live in Israel and originally from New York. I'm very much a gadget freak so I've backed a number of technology projects. I also enjoy collecting watches and shoes which is why I've backed two campaigns on each of those. May need to cancel or reduce pledges on some things just because I think I went overboard but we'll see.

I do have a question though: I read somewhere that becoming a full member requires backing at least 50 projects. Several of the projects I've backed on KS don't seem to be doing very well and I'm not sure they'll ultimately get funded. If the project ultimately fails to reach its goal and doesn't get funded does that mean that project doesn't count as one of my 50?

Thanks for any insight. Looking forward to spending a lot of time (and yes, money) here.

Eric
Toren

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:54 am

eric11210 wrote:Hi all,
Pretty new to the whole crowdfunding thing but I've very quickly gotten hooked on it. Anyway, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Eric. I live in Israel and originally from New York. I'm very much a gadget freak so I've backed a number of technology projects. I also enjoy collecting watches and shoes which is why I've backed two campaigns on each of those. May need to cancel or reduce pledges on some things just because I think I went overboard but we'll see.
It can be quite easy to get carried away, especially in the tech category.
eric11210 wrote:I do have a question though: I read somewhere that becoming a full member requires backing at least 50 projects. Several of the projects I've backed on KS don't seem to be doing very well and I'm not sure they'll ultimately get funded. If the project ultimately fails to reach its goal and doesn't get funded does that mean that project doesn't count as one of my 50?
Any project you back counts towards your total, it doesn't matter if it's successful, fails, or is cancelled.
eric11210 wrote:Thanks for any insight. Looking forward to spending a lot of time (and yes, money) here.
Eric
Welcome to the club.
Toren
Check out the services I offer to help with your Kickstarter Campaign on BackerHack - http://backerhack.com/backer.php?id=293
The Roll Call Podcast: The Podcast of Crowd Funded Tabletop Games - http://rollcall.podbean.com/