Need Help!

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
217Lincoln

Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi, my name is Jenn and I own 217 Lincoln. We are a high-quality, luxury made to measure menswear brand. Our quality, fabrics, and cuts are similar to Zegna and Brioni. We use superior quality fabrics than Brioni.

I'm having difficulty drawing traffic and getting backers on my project. Can you all help me out and take a look at it? Please give me honest feedback. Let me know what I need to add/change/etc. http://kck.st/2oBPGUh
mdtommyd

Tue May 09, 2017 6:07 pm

You make no case for a value proposition.

As an unknown pitching high end quality suits (if you are known in the fashion arena, it doesn't come through on the project), why should somebody bother getting a suit from you with no track record or buzz when at roughly the same price you can get a suit from one of those established designers?

The only thing you assert is that you are getting superior materials. See nothing in the project that attempts to back that up. Pictures of good/bad materials maybe? Show how they drape/hang?

One positive - your plan to take measurements seems very detailed and organized. Actually think I'd get good fitting custom clothes from you.

You're jumping into the luxury/high end arena with few credentials and asking people to take on faith that your items will be in that same luxury quality zone. Not necessarily your problem, but people have been burned before on other KS projects making that kind of leap of faith - you need understand that's the arena you're in and do what you can to dispel that. Price would be one way, but if that's a no go, lots more information about your experience and materials quality would help.

Maybe you're trying to do too much at once. Consider a smaller project with good quality but not the ultimate in luxury fabrics, offer a better price and use that experience to get the remote measurement process down and refined. Then do a 2nd project after success with that one and then go for the better fabrics.
--- Tom
Dennisjaner

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 am

Nice suits, but the eye needs to be fed as well.
try using more pictures of the process and type of materials.
what makes it different from other suits?
it's also risky because what if the suit doesn't fit? or the measurements ar not correct, what do you offer that my tailer or suit-shop doesn't offer?
how did you experience the making of the suit and did the size fit directly or did you go back and forth with the measurements?

Did you ask feedback from vendors or friends and family? Do you have social media accounts and followers?

All factors you need to check and even more.

Goodluck!