STOP INDIGOGO

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
hanskre

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

I've backed some projects there, non off them came to delivery. Indogogo does nothing for its backers. I don't back any of their projects anymore, it would be wise to do so yourself. Please Backerclub do not put any projects from indigogo on the spotlight anymore.
Seabiscuit

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:48 pm

I've had less success with Indiegogo than with Kickstarter, but your post got me thinking, and I went back over my numbers.

Out of 205 funded Kickstarter campaigns, only 3 pledged items are particularly late with no updates to speak of and no responses to inquiries. I've received 112 "project results." Seventy-nine aren't expected yet, and the remainder have updates and explanations as to their tardiness.

Of 28 funded Indiegogo campaigns, I have the following missing items: 1 item without any updates or responses to inquiries, 1 item with one response to an inquiry and supposedly maybe sent two months ago but not yet received, 1 item with one late response to an inquiry on Facebook and it just showed up, and 3 items not yet received but there have been many updates explaining why. I realized that over half of my Indiegogo contributions were given after the project had been fully funded and the campaign was actually over. I have wondered if sometimes the startup company or person is "done" with their project even though IG allows continued contributions.

This puts my problematic successful donations at 3/126 for Kickstarter = 2.4% vs. 6/28 for Indiegogo = 24%. Of the six problematic Indiegogo pledges, I have only truly given up on one as a complete bust, but I'm an optimist.

Your experience on Indiegogo appears worse than mine, which is unfortunate. I suspect that poor planning and unforeseen circumstances far outweigh actual scamming, but inadequate communication from the campaigner will make it impossible to tell. Regardless, do your research and Caveat Emptor.