Hello from NorCal

Welcome to the Club. Say "Hi!"
IsrealNahsohn

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi everyone. I'm really glad I received an invite to BackerClub. I only recently found kickstarter. I know, what rock have I been hiding under? I started only bidding on technology projects in the beginning for items I really wanted. Now, I bid on interesting projects across all of the categories. In addition to getting new products before the rest of the world or at a better price, I am also interested in helping be part of a project at the beginning which gives me self satisfaction in addition to a physical product. It really feels good helping a project be successful.

I've joined BackerClub in hopes of conversations and an even earlier participation in projects. I've read all of the topics here and noticed that a lot of the time, there is not a lot of conversations which is what I thought this club was all about.

I'm very excited to be here and look forward to getting to know you all.

Isreal
numbat1

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Welcome Isreal.

I like your attitude of backing to be part of the process. I have found myself doing that many times. I see a project that I like or think worth while and will back it even if I don't necessarily want the product. Of course I also back for products that I like and want.

I enjoy following the process for some projects as they work out kinks and deal with issues they did not envision. I have learned a lot in several areas just by being a backer and following along.

As far as conversations in BackerClub - I think the club will in part be what we make it. I am happy to participate in conversations though I also am trying to balance my time budget so will not be able to devote hours just to BC. I look forward to your participation in the club and hope to see you posting soon.

Katrina
TashaTurner

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 pm

I keep wishing we'd talk more. I've never been good at starting conversations. I'm much better at accidentally shutting them down. Feel free to jump in on any topics we've started or starting your own. The best way to get conversation going is to start or participate in them. We are a pretty new group - November 2014 and are still finding our way.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
Diedre

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:49 pm

I love the idea of conversations. Even if they're just about specific Kickstarter Projects. That's the main reason I joined!
IsrealNahsohn

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Just got my third KS reward. Just weeks after the end of the campaign! Wish all projects went so smoothly. Somfar, I have a nice iPhone 6+ case with a cable to charge my phone that snaps in it, salsa (don't ask), and a visor mounted window/seat belt breaker/cutter.