the Jetsetter Tote Bag

Anything related to Kickstarter
Imron hussaini

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Imron and I am the creator of the Jetsetter travel tote bag. http://backerclub.co/project.php?id=327
I was hoping you could take a look at it and provide an honest critique... what you like about it, don't like about it, what its missing, what I could do differently, etc.
your feedback would be most helpful...

thanks

Imron
lmennuti

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Imron,

I saw your campaign and wanted to share some thoughts.
1. Why no video? Personally when I see a campaign without a video it makes me wonder why the creator left it out and at the very least makes me feel suspicious and a bit leery about giving my money. Even a short video introducing yourself (so I know you're not trying to hide in anyway) and your product (so I know there's an actual product) goes a long way.
2. MORE pictures, with better detail please! I know black products aren't easy to photograph, but if at all possible I'd love to see your Jetsetter in a better light to really accentuate it's textures.
2a. More shots and from a few angles of the internals of the tote, especially some examples of how much it can hold (which would give me a sense of its' capacity and size, since I can't see it in person before buying).
2b. Perhaps if you have someone that could model carrying the tote (a more petite person if you want to make the tote seem larger, or bigger to make it seem smaller) and offer up those pictures as reference as well.
3. Add a $1 pledge option. Even though at just $1 it won't help you get to your bottom line, it WILL up your Backers count and from what I keep reading every little bit of Backer numbers makes a difference in getting you noticed.

That's what I've got for now, all the best with your project!
numbat1

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:11 pm

I second most of what was advised above. In particular I'd love to see some shots with known sized items in the bag for a feel of what it will hold. I'd also like to see a shot of someone carrying it over their shoulder and maybe with it sitting on their lap. These would help me have a sense of how functional it would be.
Imron hussaini

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks!! Your feedback has been invaluable...it is funny how a creator sees things totally differently than what others do. I guess I was a bit embarrassed posting a video, because currently, due to personal circumstances, I don't have the resources or ability to make a great video like what we are accustomed to.
I have added a short clip introducing myself and am in the process of uploading more photos with my friends holding it... sorry, i only have an i phone and i pad, so the images aren't the best...

I will work on more video....

thanks, everyone.

Imron
numbat1

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:36 pm

"This is not the glossy video I'd like to provide nor are they professional photos however as a student I have limited resources and have chosen to devote most of those resources to a fabulous product instead."

Or something like that. No apology just state the facts and reinforce you are working hard on a great product but are not yet a professional with a company backing you.
numbat1

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Just took a look and the photos really help and the video brings you a personal connection with potential backers. Well done.
Imron hussaini

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks numbat1.....Your comments are really spot on and helpful...I will keep that in mind for the future.
regards

Imron