Luna Smartbed Locks Your Doors At Night

Anything related to Kickstarter
Diedre

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Dear SuperBackers,

I just backed the Luna Smartbed today and wanted to share it with my fellow BackerClub members. Is that OK? To talk about Projects that aren't officially supported by the Club? I hope so.

The first thing I noticed about the Luna Smartbed http://bit.ly/1wBqrZK is that it learns what time you tend to go to bed and it pre-warms your bed to whatever temperature you prefer for you. It even warms each side of the bed separately for bedsharing couples.

It monitors your sleep so you don't have to use a separate smartphone app or device to get your sleep statistics into your health tracking system. It tracks your REM sleep, total hours slept and other stats and reports them on its own app on your smartphone. Nice.

But here's where it gets awesome. It can integrate with the IoT (Internet of Things) so that when it detects that you have fallen asleep, it locks all the doors in your house, turns out all of the lights, and sets the thermostat to your nighttime setting. And when it detects you have awakened, it can turn on your coffeemaker, turn on the lights, maybe even open your mechanized shades to let in light! That would be something if I had mechanized shades... (gotta put mechanized shades on wish list...)

It comes in Full, Queen and King and it's form factor is that of a mattress cover so you can keep your current beloved mattress. (We love our foam mattress. LOVE it.) It does need access to a power outlet somewhere near the head of the bed (on the left side if you're looking from the foot to the head, I think... but check the pictures if that's key to you because I'm going from memory).

I was prompted to share this one because I'm excited about it and (full disclosure) they offer a bonus for backers who spread the word (so I request that you please use the link in this message to give me credit).

Delighted New Member,
Diedre
numbat1

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Diedre.

I like the product and glad to see they funded so early. Unfortunately I can not afford one right now though I did send the information to my husband as well so we can look at it later.

Katrina
Magycmyste

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi! New to Backerclub, but I backed the Luna Smartbed, too, and I'm really excited about it. I'm just getting started with the whole smart home scene, and the Luna looked like a great way to incorporate our sleeping schedules into it. I'm also backing the NEEO remote on Kickstarter, so I'm excited to see how well they will integrate.

I was wondering about Indiegogo campaigns, as the site looks like it's Kickstarter only. But at least we can share them here!