KS fulfilment for small-sized rewards

Anything related to Kickstarter
IanW

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 am

Hi all,

Has anyone got any experience of doing KS shipping/fulfilment for rewards that are very small in size and weight?

I've got an upcoming KS for which the game itself (18 cards) only weighs about 42 grams, max 70g including packaging. I've sought quotes from the main fulfilment providers, and the prices are consistent at around $10-15 for something under 500grams. So that's fine for a situation where six people coordinate pledges and each pay a couple of dollars by getting their games sent to one place; but for single backers and particularly for countries in Eastern Europe, South America etc, that's just not going to be viable - I'd be asking a backer to pay $20+ shipping for a game that's only about $8.

I can't be the first person to have had this situation, and I can mitigate some regions, eg post out to UK backers myself manually at very low cost (I'm UK based); use GameCrafter to print and ship directly to backers in North America. But what else could I do to get the cost as low as possible? Any tips very gratefully received!

Thanks - Ian