Board games on Kickstarter

Anything related to Kickstarter
Mepper

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Here's another that I'm getting because it is so pretty and cheap: Entropy. With shipping it comes out to about $20 USD. I guess it would be classified as set collection with simultaneous action selection mechanics.

Here's the Kickstarter link

Four realities have been fractured. Your job is to collect the fragments of your reality so you can go home. Each reality is made up of four fragments. Once collected, these fragments create a stunning panorama representing your character's world. Each world is beautifully illustrated by artist Mikhail Yakovlev.

CasualDragonGames

Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:31 am

Not sure if this is suppose to be put on this list or not since it has it's own tread but..

Island Dice is on Kickstarter for only 4 more days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... -selection

Not sure how to put up images so any else is free to do this for me.
Mepper

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Here are a couple pictures for Island Dice. The components look pretty nice.

Toren

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 am

I know the designer of Aether Magic and have to recommend it. One of his earlier games was selected as a Games Magazine game of the year.
Check out the services I offer to help with your Kickstarter Campaign on BackerHack - http://backerhack.com/backer.php?id=293
The Roll Call Podcast: The Podcast of Crowd Funded Tabletop Games - http://rollcall.podbean.com/
Mepper

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 am

I listen to the Happy Mitten podcast. That's where I first heard about Aether Magic. It sounds like a fun game with good player interaction and very stylized art.

MechanisticMoth

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Mepper wrote:Here's another that I'm getting because it is so pretty and cheap: Entropy. With shipping it comes out to about $20 USD. I guess it would be classified as set collection with simultaneous action selection mechanics.
It feels like a good filler between bigger games. It reminds me of smaller games like Love Letter and Coup in terms of high quality art (some of it is astounding) and simple but effective design.

What are some other games from the past of Kickstarter that you find you still play?
For me it's Coup, Boss Monster, and Lords & Ladies. I feel like I haven't given Heroes Wanted, Among the Stars, and Kombat Kittens (among a few others) a fair shot yet with enough plays or the right group of players.
AKAAdamReynolds

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 am

MechanisticMoth wrote:
Mepper wrote:What are some other games from the past of Kickstarter that you find you still play?
For me it's Coup, Boss Monster, and Lords & Ladies. I feel like I haven't given Heroes Wanted, Among the Stars, and Kombat Kittens (among a few others) a fair shot yet with enough plays or the right group of players.

My gaming group still plays "What's He Building in There?" quite a bit. really clever, and really difficult worker placement game.
tale

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 pm

My gaming group has been largely pleased with the games I've backed -- Myth being the notable exception, and solely because of the state of the rules; the components were quite good.

The main ones that have seen a few replays are Dungeon Dice and Castle Dice as easy pickup games. It's not all about the dice for us though; we enjoyed Hoyuk too and expect it to get some more plays. The Convicted looks great but we haven't yet tried it, since it is a pretty big and complex game for our weeknight evenings. That's going to have to wait until a weekend day.
KenM

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 pm

We play Euphoria, Lagoon, and I think the one that's probably going to see the most replays is Colonial...my group just loves it.
Pineapple Steak

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:36 pm

The group I play with adore The Captain is Dead. Apparently, the creators are working on an expansion, but it won't be Kickstarted. I'll probably get it either way.