The GoSun High-Tech Solar Grill

Anything related to Kickstarter
Mepper

Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:05 am

Here is the GoSun Grill: A break-through solar oven that can even cook at night.

This isn't electronics and doesn't need to be plugged in, but it definitely is technology. It's more than just a high-tech toy, it's also practical for outings any time of the year. It doesn't matter whether it is hot or freezing out -- it works just as well in the cold. All you need is the sun.

It's a solar grill that uses an evacuated tube (like the old thermos bottles) so that it can cook things quite efficiently, much better than something like the Global Sun Oven. This one is even more special because you can get something they call a "solar phase-change battery" to be able to cook after the sun sets, still without electricity.

It is supposed to be big enough to cook a meal for 8. It doesn't look quite that big to me, but it can probably handle 4. You can grill, steam, or bake with it. You get 2 trays so you can cook two different things at the same time. You can get just the solar grill, or you can also get the "solar battery" and/or a grill stand.

Here are some pictures:

Here is the link again:
The GoSun Grill
TashaTurner

Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 am

Very cool. Wish I had the money to buy one. Backed at low level. Will share. Thanks for the lead. :mrgreen:
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
numbat1

Sat May 30, 2015 6:25 am

This is just the kind of project I really, really like and wish I could afford right now. I have already backed to support and follow.
Monique

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:58 pm

I really like the GoSun Grill, but I can't afford it right now either. I'm following them in hopes of getting one in the future. I did get the GoSun Sport Mini after learning everything I could about GoSun. And my hash mix from costco cooked up just great.