Kickstarter and Games

Anything related to Kickstarter
Toren

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Recently sent out from Kickstarter, it looks like games are making one hell of an impact.

"Kickstarter Loves Games
2,000,000 people + $500,000,000 = 7,923 games funded
Point Five B

One of you went and did it—pushed us over the line, hauled us up to a huge milestone: $500 million pledged to games. That's half a billion dollars pledged to a wild array of mobile games, party games, artsy games, silly games, FPSes, and MMORPGs."
Check out the services I offer to help with your Kickstarter Campaign on BackerHack - http://backerhack.com/backer.php?id=293
The Roll Call Podcast: The Podcast of Crowd Funded Tabletop Games - http://rollcall.podbean.com/
Red XIII

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:02 am

There are a lot of Boardgames funding recently. Counting only the five following:

Zombicide Black Plaque
Super Dungeon Legends
Dark Souls
Shenmue 3
DOS 2

are 20.000.000 Dollars alone - not counting the Star Citizen Game, which funded with about 6,5 Million, gathered another 25 Million through Backerkit and then about 80 Million more through various other channels.

Many new game concepts fail to get support by the established companies. In Kickstarter, there are many games who like the new designs. And there are many people who give you excellent direct feedback (for free).

So I personally think that this will increase within the next 12 Months.
jenx

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:07 pm

I'm an absolute fan of, shall we say, analogue gaming. (Despite being a digital "whiz kid" since I was four, I much prefer the company of fellow humans when I play games.)

Crowdfunding has given game creators a great novel method for introducing games without the need of risking a huge capital outlay or convincing a publisher to put the game out. Hell, I could easily see at least one of my favorite games going the crowdfund route to REpublish itself, as copies of the original are going for over $300 on Amazon and eBay due to pent up demand. (The game I'm talking about is War On Terror, and is likely the only board game whose first major reviews were in Foreign Affairs and the New Internationalist rather than BoardGameGeek, and is a permanent part of the collections of both the Imperial War Museum in London as well as the Victoria and Albert Museum of Childhood. If I could get the rights to it, I would put up a campaign tomorrow.)