Kickstarter Video Games Master List

Anything related to Kickstarter
Live4TheOne

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Interested :)
numbat1

Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:29 pm

I can definitely see value in it. I don't know which is the best way to share the data but I truly appreciate the work you have put into it.
Mark L

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 pm

I'd be interested in this, too. I would also be interested in any statistics you could provide about some specifics that, as far as I know, nobody has actually quantized yet:

1) Many Kickstarter campaigns that fail on their first attempt succeed in their second attempt. But how many? And what is the proportion of second-attempt successes to failures? What about third attempts? Is there a point at which you can tell the person with a fair degree of confidence 'give up - the odds of you succeeding by trying another campaign on the same subject are virtually nil.'

2) It is a common assumption that a company that produced a successful Kickstarter will have a much easier time when they launch a second Kickstarter project, even if unrelated to the first. But does the data actually bear this out?

3) Are there any other indicators that point to a successful campaign and fulfillment? Are those campaigns with a video actually more likely to finish the product, or at least keep in communication after the campaign ends? Do multiple spelling and grammar errors indicate lower odds of a successful campaign, or does this not really matter? Are some countries/areas more likely to have a successful campaign than others?

That is a lot of questions, I know, but I'd be interested if you could answer any one or more of them (I know you won't be able to answer them all - that would take a whole research team and a grant, I suspect). I'd be interested in whatever you find.
TravisSteffen

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:59 am

I'd be really interested in a list like this across other verticals aside from just games as well...
numbat1

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 pm

This sounds like a lot of work!