Clean-tech - World's Most Powerful & Safest UVC Air Purifier

In depth articles on specific projects, detailed feedback from backers, interviews and "ask me anything" sessions with creators, and product reviews.

My quick opinion (select all that apply):

Poll ended at Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Count me in for the giveaway! I'll post a reply and leave my detailed feedback.
26%
I will be one of the 250 early bird backers to purchase at 65% off when it launches.
9%
The campaign does a good job of highlighting why it is superior to other air purifiers on the market.
15%
The campaign does NOT do a good job of highlighting why it is superior to other air purifiers on the market.
3%
The title of the campaign should be: The World’s Most Advanced UV-C Light Air Purifier
6%
The title of the campaign should be: The World’s Most Powerful and Safest UV-C Light Air Purifier
18%
The lab tests and data are credible and convincing enough for me to purchase.
18%
The lab tests and data are NOT credible and convincing enough for me to purchase.
6%

Total votes: 34
MattBackerClub

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:59 pm

We are proud to announce BackerClub has secured a partnership with Clean-tech for their upcoming campaign - "World’s Most Advanced UVC Air Purifier"!

Click here to see the Kickstarter Preview Campaign Page (tip: open in a new tab)

Jeffery and Ivan have been our main points of contact at Cleantech, and they have expressed an interest in gathering valuable feedback from the BackerClub community prior to their launch on October12th!.

They are looking to giveaway (5) $20 Amazon Giftcards and (1) Clean-tech ($800 value) to members that leave the most valuable feedback!

UPDATE OCTOBER 3RD: All feedback must be submitted by October 9th.

All you have to do is take a look at the campaign page (see link above or click here) and write a reply here on the Forums stating what you think along with any suggestions. The more helpful you are, the more likely it'll be that you're chosen for the giveaway air purifier!

You can also select the poll entries above to provide some quick feedback (don't expect to win the giveaway if this is all you do...).

The giveaway air purifier will be provided at the same time as normal delivery from the crowdfunding campaign.

Here are some ideas for specific areas to provide feedback:
  • Your initial impressions of the campaign page. Does it motivate you to continue reading after looking at it for 15 seconds?
  • What features or aspects of the campaign should we better focus on?
  • Media review - what were your favorite photos and parts of the videos and why (going onto the Kickstarter page soon)? Which should be placed at the top and which should be moved to the bottom?
  • Typos, grammatical mistakes, or other wording errors.
  • What content should be added to the campaign page? What could potentially be removed without losing effect?
  • General suggestions to improve the chance of success for the creators.

This is an awesome Kickstarter campaign and a great opportunity to get involved (plus get paid if you put in some effort!)
Thanks for your help, backers - let's get this discussion going!

P.S. We recognize we don't do things like this very often (at least in a very long time), so if you have any suggestions to make this a better experience for members, feel free to share your thoughts.
BuddeeLee

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Would be good to know how much more virus/bacteria is filtered/killed vs normal HEPA. UV works, however, does it work in an accelerated fan? So how much time is required inside the UV exposure to kill virus? How much air/room size should 1 unit be able to cover? Not sure of the need within a household, buy in a work environment or more trafficked area, would be good. So how fast would the unit cover a 1000 sq ft room? e.g., 1 person walks in/out and 30 seconds the air is purified, etc.
wiseman13

Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:26 pm

I would like more details on why hepa filtration and then the UVC. I can see how that helps keep the mirror surface cleaner and so it can be more effective, but after spending time saying why existing hepa filters are not as good and just collect the bad stuff I think you should clarify why you still have a hepa filter. Right now there is just a line in the 2 stage graphic that just says so the 'next stage can be the most effective.'
I would also like to know if the position of the light will ensure the trapped contents of the hepa filter are also subjected to a high enough UVC dose that we can consider the removal and replacement of the hepa filter a very safe process.
I would also like to see comments on the consumables. What is the expected bulb and hepa filter life. What will replacements cost. Is the filter a standard size or can I only get from you?
Chewbakka

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:14 pm

The product is interesting and I might be tempted in backing it.
Some missing details: how often will it be necessary to replace the filters and the lightbulb? Can the filters be cleaned or what maintenance is needed? What are the indicators that replacement is needed?
Globally, the structure is good and engaging enough to continue reading through the page. Some pictures & tables are too small to be read on a mobile device. The links to official websites and test results are interesting enough to take a second look theough a bigger screen, which is something I don’t often do.
Werve

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi,
I'm here to offer, as requested with a giveaway contest, my feedback on your project that involves a topic that I've recently become interested in and that I'm looking into to buy a suitable innovative product.

About the video:
  • it was easy to understand even though I am neither a native English speaker nor have a strong knowledge of the language.
  • Personally I got distracted during the "interviews" because I am not very convinced or interested in other people' general opinions, especially after the experience and knowledge of several projects on Ingiegogo (and generally having this funding formula) that turned out to be a scam or closed later for various problems.
  • I would therefore suggest to summarize in the video the operation of the product with graphics and / or animations especially of the features that differentiate it from the rest of the market, similar to those present in the description below so that you can immediately understand what you are looking at even if you do not pay attention to the entire text below. This includes the reference to the effectiveness against coronavirus. The new video I think should be less than 10 min long to be appreciated by a wide audience.
Regarding the description of the product and its characteristics:
  • It is described to you that the product uses two filtering steps: the first one by HEPA filter but there is no description in the same paragraph of the related H10 filtering level (which I noticed in an image only while writing this feedback) nor if there is a function that warns you when to replace it and at what cost. Also, how does it compare with other products that claim to perform a purification without having to use disposable filters (obtaining a lower environmental impact and lower recurring costs) such as https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/worl ... x/17475828#/ or https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brid ... x/17475828#/ both already available for purchase?
  • the other part of filtering, the main part of the product, is the UV lamp. I have read and seen several products that use UV (such as those mentioned above) but they warn that the use of this technology has as a side effect the generation of ozone that is dangerous to health depending on the amount generated. How much ozone does this product produce? Are there tests carried out that confirm that value?
  • Perhaps the image in the section of the room divided with the words "large space", "small space" (this https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/030/66 ... 85e19c1647) could be unclear because at first I thought they were two models of the product based on the size of the room. I suggest to use the product image only once and write the calculations and colors next to it and also use the metric system.
  • About the comparison table (I don't know if you can do it freely) wouldn't it be better to include the most famous products as a comparison? So that even the user interested in changing his product or who already had an idea of what to buy can have more precise and concise information to encourage him to choose this project instead.
  • There is no description of whether the UV lamp needs to be changed and when and, for the international public, with which power supply it is compatible (and if the corresponding country adapter is also provided).
  • There is also an error of the shipping date in the timeline (Febrary 2020 has already passed and is not in succession with the previous dates).
Simbalion

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 am

I have a bunch of experience with air purifiers, and I actually have had a few with UVC in my home right now. Also, have a background in marketing, so hopefully you don't take offense at some of the more honest feedback.

You have a very confusing story. I *think* you are trying to convey a story of "proven HEPA level filtration for large particulates + proven hospital grade germ killing UVC light enhanced with Cleantech reflector technology" But you're shifting all over the place -- "better than HEPA" (when you have a HEPA filter), "revolutionary technology" (but it's not the UVC light that's revolutionary....it's the reflector, right?), then juxtaposed with "technology that hospitals have used for years...." You have to come up with a clear story. You're clearly going for the Dyson feel, but they very clearly denote a benefit ("7x the suction of any other vacuum") with a very clear technology that you don't even really need to understand ("the Dyson digital motor" -- I have no clue what that is!)

The Video

- :53 -- confusion with story: the "first device to harness the power of UVC light" but then immediately it's "3x better than the leading UVC air purifier on the market. Which is it? Are you the first or are you not?

- 1:40 -- the greatest medical minds...then pops up Dr. Lee, who is clearly a children's dentist. No offense to Dr. Lee, who I am sure is a great dentist, but neither his profession nor the ridiculous circus background gives me any confidence in whatever he is saying. Also, this is new, right? So where exactly did he "research" and find your product? Hmmmmm. And again with the clearly scripted language around"there's nothing out there right now...." Really? Again, you have a CHART FULL OF COMPETITORS....so clearly there is stuff out there already?

- "We're a leader". -- is this a new company? or an established one?

- Super73 -- why waste valuable seconds detailing the sanitizing procedures or some store and then the weird ad for themselves "we only make the best products..."

- Two random guys at the end -- are you guys the creators? Who was the older gentleman before? Maybe you guys should caption names? And guys, maybe I'm old fashioned, but it doesn't scream credibility of the world's greatest medical minds when one guy is wearing capri pants for a campaign asking for my money.

The Campaign Page

- Just a bunch of ordering issues. There's a lot of fluff in the beginning. I actually would love the Two Stage Filtration graphic much more upward.

- It's vs Its. It's = It is. Its is what you want when your headline says "its size." "Their" does not need quotes in the same graphic.

Overall, I think you have a great campaign. I just think you'd be more successful with much clearer messaging around the story.

-
odvdveer

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 am

A virus is something totally different from a germ. So that is is proven germ killing does not mean it's automatically a covid killer. Later on page you show it is said to be good against covid but firts 2 times you mention just germs

Do you also have plugs for europe and what are the shipping costs? And how would we get replacement filters?
Betty4Cats

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:40 pm

- I already have 4 different air cleaners, all with different hepa filters, 3 of which I can no longer obtain new filters for. So I am very leery re getting another one, no matter how more advanced, that requires replacement parts from a non established company.

- I have also spent several hundred US $ on crowdfunded devices that no longer work due to end of support by the makers. I’m pleased that no app is required for your device.

- my Shark vacuums have washable reusable hepa filters. I’d really like to see that in the next air cleaner I buy.

- barring reusable filters (and aware that the uv bulb will eventually die) I’d like an option to buy replacements up front, or during fulfillment. Or a discount on a filter subscription for our cf support.
letscrowdcreate

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:28 pm

BuddeeLee wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:02 pm
Would be good to know how much more virus/bacteria is filtered/killed vs normal HEPA. UV works, however, does it work in an accelerated fan? So how much time is required inside the UV exposure to kill virus? How much air/room size should 1 unit be able to cover? Not sure of the need within a household, buy in a work environment or more trafficked area, would be good. So how fast would the unit cover a 1000 sq ft room? e.g., 1 person walks in/out and 30 seconds the air is purified, etc.
Great feedback. HEPA filters don't "kill" viruses/germs/bacteria, they merely filter them from the air. The difference with UVC light is that it actually inactivates or kills it at the molecular level, preventing it from spreading further.

The most important thing to consider with UVC light is INTENSITY + EXPOSURE time. You brought up a good point, does it work in an accelerated fan? Yes it does, and that's why we developed the technology to slow down the air when entering our air purifier, rather than traditional HEPA filters that try to move air as quickly as possible through a unit.

This is definitely needed in a household. If you ever invite family or friends over, or even within your own household, the air you breathe is constantly being exchanged between each other, this is that extra level of protection.

There are graphics on our campaign page that shows how fast this would cover a 1,000 sq ft room. Do you have examples of visuals on if 1 person walks in/out?

Here's a good research paper that proves HEPA + UVC light is the most effective way to prevent the spread of germs & viruses - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/books/NBK92445/.

We truly appreciate your feedback, did that answer your question? And what else would it take for you to be a backer on Day 1 when we launch?
letscrowdcreate

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 pm

wiseman13 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:26 pm
I would like more details on why hepa filtration and then the UVC. I can see how that helps keep the mirror surface cleaner and so it can be more effective, but after spending time saying why existing hepa filters are not as good and just collect the bad stuff I think you should clarify why you still have a hepa filter. Right now there is just a line in the 2 stage graphic that just says so the 'next stage can be the most effective.'
I would also like to know if the position of the light will ensure the trapped contents of the hepa filter are also subjected to a high enough UVC dose that we can consider the removal and replacement of the hepa filter a very safe process.
I would also like to see comments on the consumables. What is the expected bulb and hepa filter life. What will replacements cost. Is the filter a standard size or can I only get from you?
Great question, did you watch the video about why UV-C air purifiers are better than HEPA filters? Link - https://youtu.be/zjPxJ2xgbJs

Did you know that thousands of hospitals, airports, bus stations are using UVC light as a way to sanitize the air and surfaces? It's more effective than just HEPA filtration alone.

Here's also a great video why Ultraviolet Light could help stop the spread of Coronavirus - https://youtu.be/OJ08BuyejuE. Ours is the most powerful and safest on the market.

I'd like to address ANY and ALL questions or even hesitations you have before purchasing our product on Day 1 when we launch (October 12). We've created truly revolutionary technology that's needed right now and want you to experience it first, as well as save 65% off ($199 Kickstarter special vs $799).

Can we count you in as a backer? You're also welcome to add me to Facebook and call me anytime.
Last edited by letscrowdcreate on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.