The Two Functional Fibers (TFF) Sock by ALMI Apparel - Feedback for Giveaways (Valid till March 5th, 2019)

In depth articles on specific projects, detailed feedback from backers, interviews and "ask me anything" sessions with creators, and product reviews.

My quick opinion (select all that apply):

Poll ended at Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Count me in for the giveaway! I'll post a reply and leave my detailed feedback.
20%
This looks like a good campaign. I'll probably back it.
9%
Good job to ALMI on the hero video.
8%
Price seems low.
No votes
Price seems fair.
11%
Price seems a little high.
8%
I understand why I'd want this sock.
17%
I don't understand why I'd want this sock.
4%
I'd like to see more color/design options.
14%
I would like to see more content about the making of the socks and the team.
10%

Total votes: 101
StevenBackerClub

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Jonas acted fast! The links in the original post have been updated to the new preview link. If uncertain, you can follow this link here: New Preview Link

All members that have already left feedback: the new page is identical and no action is required from you. You are still entered as a potential giveaway winner for your feedback :)
Steven F.
Team BackerClub
ALMI_Jonas

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey Everyone,

First of all, I really appreciate all the great feedback. I am working to implement a number of your ideas where possible.

I apologize for that mistake on my part. I know we responded to a few people on our previous preview, as well (like Z3lda72. )

We will be sure to respond to your comments here as well soon. They truly are appreciated.

Thanks so much. -Jonas
joshdog2014

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

- Before reading anything or watching the video I scrolled through and to be honest, I would’ve closed the page now if I was looking through Kickstarter projects. They just seem like a normal pair of socks, I can wear them anywhere? Ok, but I currently wear the same socks basically everywhere. A quick scroll through doesn’t do too much to draw me in.

- In the 01 section I’d change it to “It’s made to be worn all day”. It really doesn’t sound right to me right now.

- The Chris Creveling graphic doesn’t work with me. The text on two different colors feels hard to read and just doesn’t look right. I like the way the different colored boxes are but I’d move the text to be all on one color. This goes for the other similar athlete pictures.

- Specify WHAT makes it an anywhere any-day sock. Is it the design? Is it the silver? Is it both? Specify that a little more. — Just got the the Length + Thickness section (I’m writing comments as I go through). I’d definitely put this up where you’re taking about the anywhere anyway. It’d make a lot more sense.

- The video was a lot more clear. I’d try to use some of those details in the written campaign, because not everyone watches the videos.
Agentdave7

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 am

StevenBackerClub wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 pm
Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for your feedback - great stuff!

I wanted to leave a quick comment about the status of the campaign. Jonas, one of the creators, accidentally set the project to "live" on Kickstarter. Oops! Unfortunately, this means he had to cancel the current campaign and is setting up a fresh project as we speak. I will update the forum links and whatnot when the new preview is ready to go.

Thanks again for your support. This is great to see :D
It looks like the new preview is live?

I've noticed a few changes. Such as from the Fashion category to the Apparel category. I think that was a great idea.
Crowdfunding Enthusiast - Helping dreams come true; hoping that one day mine will too.

🌐 Kickstarter Profile
🌐 Indiegogo Profile

ALMI_Jonas

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:06 am

Evil2win wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 pm
Annotated screenshots attached. Thanks.
painofbeingdead wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 pm
When first started reading about the socks I thought they would be great for my wife as she is athletic and a Socks fan but as I kept reading it became so male focused that it really put me off even thought I know she would like them. I'm a cheap pack of socks kinda guy and the features of the socks and the price didn't scare me away but like I said the deeper I looked at the page I lost interest.
I appreciate your feedback. We just recently came to that realization as well. We strategically used 3 males and 1 female in our video, however do need to add some more females in the page. Thanks.
LaurenceHR wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:52 am
I like the visual work, design of photos looks cool. I love gifs cause they explain better. But my impression is the product is focus in a specific segment: runners, maybe you can include more benefits to use in other dailys rutines.
Thanks Laurence, our top focus has been on active professionals, people that wear slacks to the office and then run, workout etc. after.
However there ere designed to be versatile and there are many different uses. We have a friend that is a waiter at a nice steakhouse, he walks about 8 miles while he's working (according to his watch) and he's loved them. Personally, I love them with my boots....heck I actually like them all the time. I still wear a lot of our older prototypes and always notice the difference with our final version, they feel incredible.
ALMI_Jonas

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:15 am

@Agentdave7
You are awesome, your feedback is incredible, truly.

We love the Pro-formance Sock by ALMI, we think this is brilliant.

Here's the background on why we were calling it The TFF sock (two functional fibers.)
We wanted padding in the socks, but not as thick as regular sports socks so they would still work with dress shoes. We talked to our manufacturing partner about this, but they said it wasn't possible. We kept pushing and finally figured out a way to get a mid-level padding and the great feeling we were going by using a performance filament material on the sole (with a special padding) and the Nylon blend for the rest of the sock.
We thought this would be a competitive advantage as we don't really see that on the market, but we struggled to explain that well, and it didn't come off the way we were hoping (or get the traction.)

We agree the Pro-formance Sock is an improvement. We are making the audible, which is a big deal at this point.
Your other points are really great as well. We are implementing a number of them currently
Thanks for your feedback. Stay tuned, we'll be in touch directly.
Last edited by ALMI_Jonas on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALMI_Jonas

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 am

SandyH wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:42 pm
The campaign material was easy to read.....
Again, apologize for that mistake on my end with the canceled campaign.

The Swiss technology is the silver we are using. A lot of competitors use a silver wash that only lasts for a few washing cycles, which wasn't good enough for us. This Swiss technology is embedded at the thread level and lasts for the lifetime of the product.

Our socks are between 12-15 mmHg (level of compression.) This is light compression which is great for all day wear.
joshdog2014 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm
- The video was a lot more clear. I’d try to use some of those details in the written campaign, because not everyone watches the videos.
All great points, this section especially. I personally always watch the videos, but your right that's not the case for everyone.
Agentdave7 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 am
it looks like the new preview is live?

I've noticed a few changes. Such as from the Fashion category to the Apparel category. I think that was a great idea.
Yes, I got the new preview up ASAP.
Apparel is the sub category, but yes, thanks
nfo

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 am

I like the video - any chance you can add captions for people watching without sound?

Pitch: These are definitely the sort of socks I'd wear - I wear my work socks to work out (and vice-versa) anyway, especially in the winter when I want something warmer. But I agree with some of the comments that there could be a stronger hook - if I were busy, I'm not sure I'd take the time or circle back later to look. I think the proposed title change will help. I'd add that it could be attractive for service professionals, who have to look presentable and are on their feet a lot of the day (even if they aren't daily gym-goers).

Other points:
  • Is the silver used throughout or just the filament?
  • One of the photos in the tech section says "fillament"
  • In some of the photos, the no-slip band looks a little too tight, particularly on "Never forget your gym socks at home"
  • The blue squares and numbering help delineate the sections, though you drop this at the 04-05 break. The breaks could still be a tad stronger.
Pledges: I can also see the pricing is structured to really push the 5-packs. That makes a lot of sense, but it leaves the impression that the price is somewhat high for those who don't scroll. It's also a bit of a commitment for something you won't have a chance to try - maybe consider emphasizing the 3-pack instead (and then some people might get one of each color to try). It's currently not clear whether you can mix colors in the multi-packs.
ALMI_Jonas

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:27 pm

nfo wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 am
I like the video - any chance you can add captions for people watching without sound?

Pitch: These are definitely the sort of socks I'd wear - I wear my work socks to work out (and vice-versa) anyway, especially in the winter when I want something warmer. But I agree with some of the comments that there could be a stronger hook - if I were busy, I'm not sure I'd take the time or circle back later to look. I think the proposed title change will help. I'd add that it could be attractive for service professionals, who have to look presentable and are on their feet a lot of the day (even if they aren't daily gym-goers).

Other points:
  • Is the silver used throughout or just the filament?
  • One of the photos in the tech section says "fillament"
  • In some of the photos, the no-slip band looks a little too tight, particularly on "Never forget your gym socks at home"
  • The blue squares and numbering help delineate the sections, though you drop this at the 04-05 break. The breaks could still be a tad stronger.
Pledges: I can also see the pricing is structured to really push the 5-packs. That makes a lot of sense, but it leaves the impression that the price is somewhat high for those who don't scroll. It's also a bit of a commitment for something you won't have a chance to try - maybe consider emphasizing the 3-pack instead (and then some people might get one of each color to try). It's currently not clear whether you can mix colors in the multi-packs.
I appreciate your feedback, some great food for thought.

The silver is used throughout the whole sock. Many competitors use a silver wash at the end, which does not last very long. We used a really great technology by a Swiss company that is embedded at the thread level and lasts for the lifetime of the garment.
Agentdave7

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 am

The silver is used throughout the whole sock. Many competitors use a silver wash at the end, which does not last very long. We used a really great technology by a Swiss company that is embedded at the thread level and lasts for the lifetime of the garment.
That's informative information that needs to be added to the campaign.

The TFF Sock needs to be updated:
Crowdfunding Enthusiast - Helping dreams come true; hoping that one day mine will too.

🌐 Kickstarter Profile
🌐 Indiegogo Profile