Growing The Club Membership

Anything related to BackerClub.
markalanbaker

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:12 pm

In the long run we foresee BackerClub being primarily a pre-launch platform where projects post for the community before they go live on Kickstarter. In this case, you'll definitely get an notification early enough to get an early bird reward. In fact, offering an early bird reward is a requirement for any project wanting to list on BackerClub. What you have experienced is cases where active projects that are already funding on Kickstarter list on BackerClub. Many times they offer additional perks for BackerClub members in addition to any early bird rewards that may still be available. But, there are some cases where the early bird rewards are already gone as you have suggested. If you are interested in backing a project like this I suggest contacting the project creator and telling them you saw their project on BackerClub and would have been interested in backing them if they had early bird rewards available still or a special reward for BackerClub members. I think in many cases you'll get a positive response from the creator.

Mark - Co-Founder
PeteMcD

Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:30 am

Bit of a long shot but how about making contact with the likes of the creator of https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... k?ref=dash

Not a huge amount of backers but very targeted. The book is already written but she occasionally emails out and if she mentions it in the mail shot it might attract some members.

On a side note 1 slight annoyance I have is that if I click on the backer club logo it takes me to the front page and I am logged out again. It looks like the old session is destroyed here. Might be worth getting that corrected so that it knows you are already logged in.

On the search page as well it does not appear that the Filter by status option works if there are results available for completed they still show for example if it is set to live only.
markalanbaker

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Great suggestion! I'll also check into the logout and filter issues you mentioned. Thanks!
Mark
markalanbaker

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:33 am

Both items you mentioned are now fixed. :D
Mark
Nani Blyleven

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:32 am

Maybe it would be helpful to have a link to the backer club video the KS main page. Because nobody really knows about it. I found out by accident recently from a comment in a project.
PeteMcD

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 am

Great work Mark :)
TravisSteffen

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:27 am

Hey all,

New to BackerClub, but not at all new to tech entrepreneurship and growth strategies.

The answer to this million dollar question lies in one of my favorite new books on growth hacking called Traction.

You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Traction-Startup- ... 0976339609

I've consumed probably 80-90% of all the growth hacking resources online over the last few years (this is my area of expertise in both of my current companies) and this book is 100x what any other resource is.

A not-so-close second (but still worth your time) might be One Month Growth Hacking, which is an online course located at OneMonth.com and is more basic but heavier on implementation, but it's about 10x the price, so use this later on.

Enjoy the clarity this one provides ;)
Julia Taylor

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

I would also like an answer about notifications coming after all early bird discounted items are gone. How are notifications being handled, and why not gave them Ho out 30-60 minutes early?