Suspended for being in Backerclub?

Anything related to BackerClub.
numbat1

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 pm

As someone who has been suspended twice for sending too many messages I can fully sympathize with your situation. While I stopped sending links to creators after the first suspension (the second was actually a complete mix of messages, none related to BackerClub) and used Tasha's example of having them available in my profile, I did recently send a link to a couple of creators as a natural progression to the conversation we were having. If we are not allowed to do even this it will make it even more difficult. Then we will need to ask for a direct email to send them a link.
Durai

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:30 pm

You can add one more to the list.
I just got suspended for sending messages recommending BackerClub :(
I did not even include a link. I only sent a recommendation and asked them to refer to my profile for the link.
When contacted support, the reply stated that i was spamming.
I'm not sure for how long?
Regards,
Durai
TashaTurner

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:25 am

Durai wrote:You can add one more to the list.
I just got suspended for sending messages recommending BackerClub :(
I did not even include a link. I only sent a recommendation and asked them to refer to my profile for the link.
When contacted support, the reply stated that i was spamming.
I'm not sure for how long?
Support should be able to tell you how long. Sorry to hear you got caught in this. Technically under Kickstarter rules contacting creators to suggest they use a "pay to promote service" is spam. If you've built up a relationship with them (commented in the comment tab, tweeted project & tagged them, liked on FB/shared, talked to them in other media) prior to recommending BackerClub they are less like to report you for spamming them. But no guarantees.

I use a passive link in my profile and if I'm private messaging (PM) to them about ways to improve their campaign/questions I have about rewards/can I do special add-on/ship to multiple addresses if buying multiple copies/packages I may sign my PM:
-Tasha/BackerClub member
Backed over 1,100 Kickstarter's

I've had a total of 6 project referrals since I joined in November, 2014.

This is one reason why I dislike contest related to recruiting. Members get burned as they end up in violation of Kickstarter rules.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
Durai

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Tasha,

I don't think any of the creators whom i referred, reported me(most of them replied thanking me).
The reply from support stated that sending many messages with similar content and withing certain time period is also considered spamming.
I believe Kickstarter has a bot in place which monitors the messages for keywords. There should be a keyword list, a counter and a timer in place to automatically place our profile under review.
I have replied to their mail. Hopefully i should get a reply tomorrow.
Will update you.
Regards,
Durai
TashaTurner

Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Durai wrote:Hi Tasha,

I don't think any of the creators whom i referred, reported me(most of them replied thanking me).
The reply from support stated that sending many messages with similar content and withing certain time period is also considered spamming.
I believe Kickstarter has a bot in place which monitors the messages for keywords. There should be a keyword list, a counter and a timer in place to automatically place our profile under review.
I have replied to their mail. Hopefully i should get a reply tomorrow.
Will update you.
Ah, I forgot about the auto-monitoring of PMs. Good luck.
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
Durai

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Tasha,

I got a reply from Kickstarter yesterday.
My account has now been restored to full functionality and was also given a warning not to repeat the same.
All is good now. Just have to be careful in the future :)
Thank you for the input.
Regards,
Durai
jcghazal

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Yes, it is all because of automated monitoring of messaging volume. It happened to me for the second time and now I have been suspended for a month! Everyone be careful. Just to let you know, I was messaging around five campaigns a day for four days and I still got flagged. It doesn't seem to take much.
TashaTurner

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:52 pm

jcghazal wrote:Yes, it is all because of automated monitoring of messaging volume. It happened to me for the second time and now I have been suspended for a month! Everyone be careful. Just to let you know, I was messaging around five campaigns a day for four days and I still got flagged. It doesn't seem to take much.
Nope it doesn't take much. Kickstarter has a very strong anti-spam policy. Anything that might be taken as possible spam is logged as spam. I PM creators all the time. But it's a lot of back & forth as they contact me based on comments I've left on their page/updates/Twitter. I vary my signature and rarely include links unless we've had a couple back & forths. The more " KS clubs" out there the more they are cracking down on "possible" spam. If you haven't done so yet make sure to read their policies & FAQs.
Pooch

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:27 pm

I got suspended for a month not being able to comment or message creators and back projects. It's done October 3rd
dalecool-invent

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:37 pm

I had a person also contact me to ask if I wanted to join BackerClub. As a creator, I get enough promotional junk messages that I don't read and just delete. This one though got me a little upset because I'm a creator and a BackerClub member. So, I told him he should check the projects that are on BC already before spamming everyone. He did apologize later.......