BackerClub Website

Anything related to BackerClub.
DJDonTw

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Has anyone ever thought/felt that BackerClub.co should really start renovate/refresh their member site? I mean, yeah, it works ok, but it just isn't smooth browsing, their servers for the images loads way too slow (some times doesn't even load), maybe hope for a BackerClub mobile app? I really think BackerClub deserves an upgrade, I'm not a very old member, but have been in a year and haven't seen any changes...

I was wondering how many people would actually donate to BC to help them freshen up a much well optimized website for their members? Or even better, maybe Mark and the team could make a campaign and to fresh up their servers/websites and etc...

Cheers...
Don
TashaTurner

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:49 pm

To my knowledge BackerClub has only been around for a year. I joined 10/29/2014 and I believe they were just opening up membership to the public at that time.

They've made a ton of changes during the last year in how projects show and how to search for them. I believe they've changed hosting services twice (or more).

The site has always been slow for me but I started out with 161 projects and I'm now at 1308. I use an iPad 98% of the time. Today I'm on a laptop which my brother has just done major maintenance on and it works better/faster than it did the day I got it. Took 1 minute for the main front page to load.

Trying to pull projects from 2 distant databases into theirs and show information real-time is difficult although I'm fairly certain it could be done better (Kicktraq never took so long to load).

I would not give additional money to BC for them to fix their problems as they've ignored all my complaints, requests to be more included in decisions about the kind of projects to be included on BC, they don't participate on the forums at all, and ... well if you read through the BackerClub and lounge sub-forums you'll see my list of issues going back about a year.

Do I think changes need to be made to the website to make it more user friendly? You bet. To make it load faster? Oh yeah. A mobile app is way down on my list of issues for things I'd like to see. The search feature working no matter what tab your on is much higher on my list of wants as projects can be hard to find again. My profile loading on my iPad instead of crashing Safari is really, really high up there.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature