Does when you join affect your BackerClub rewards?

Anything related to BackerClub.
TheTHerm888

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi,
I'm new and looked through the current topics but didn't see the answer I was looking for, so forgive me if this is a repeat. It is my understanding that we do not need to do anything to get Backerclub rewards (unless there were specific instructions) because the creators can see a list of BC members who pledged. I have pledged to a few BC projects but since I'm new, that was just a coincidence, so would I still be on the list? Do you have to be a BC member before you pledge in order to get the reward? I looked at my profile and there was no "date joined" so I'm not sure how the creators would know. I wouldn't expect a reward if it's been a long time and I already received my KS reward but two of the projects I qualify for haven't shipped out yet.
TashaTurner

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:19 pm

No you don't have to be a BC member before you pledge on a project. I've found it helpful to remind projects that I'm a BackerClub member. I sometimes do this in the comments (saw you on BC), other times I do it after surveys go out by dropping them a KS message, other times I'll include it in my signature if I have suggestions for the campaign. I'm paranoid as at times the info does seem to get lost.

I keep agitating for a "BackerClub" reward to make it easier to keep track of who the BC members are. But I'm not sure the founders pass my suggestion on to creators. I know this reward occasionally gets non-BC members pledging but there are was to deal with that post campaign and during campaign those people may join BC.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
TheTHerm888

Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you for your reply :). I think I wasn't clear in my question, though. I pledged for two campaigns where I qualified for the BC rewards, but didn't sign up for Backerclub until after the campaigns ended, not just after I pledged. I assume they get a list soon after the campaign ends, but I'm not sure if that list is updated if someone who pledged for their campaign then joins BC. I'm asking because on my profile page, it still includes the projects I pledged for before I even joined. They both haven't shipped yet, so I suppose I could just message them . . . I just wanted to know if there were any guidelines in this type of situation :)
djgunner87

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:46 am

TheTHerm888 wrote:Thank you for your reply :). I think I wasn't clear in my question, though. I pledged for two campaigns where I qualified for the BC rewards, but didn't sign up for Backerclub until after the campaigns ended, not just after I pledged. I assume they get a list soon after the campaign ends, but I'm not sure if that list is updated if someone who pledged for their campaign then joins BC. I'm asking because on my profile page, it still includes the projects I pledged for before I even joined. They both haven't shipped yet, so I suppose I could just message them . . . I just wanted to know if there were any guidelines in this type of situation :)
I too would like to know the answer to this anomaly. ;)
One would imagine that regardless of the time of joining BackerClub (BC), one would be eligible for the BackerClub rewards PROVIDED the pledge made falls under the BC rewards. Innit so?
:?:
Can anyone shed some light into this please?
Happy Holidays to the everyone!
8-)
You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.

TheTHerm888

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:50 pm

djgunner87 wrote:
TheTHerm888 wrote:Thank you for your reply :). I think I wasn't clear in my question, though. I pledged for two campaigns where I qualified for the BC rewards, but didn't sign up for Backerclub until after the campaigns ended, not just after I pledged. I assume they get a list soon after the campaign ends, but I'm not sure if that list is updated if someone who pledged for their campaign then joins BC. I'm asking because on my profile page, it still includes the projects I pledged for before I even joined. They both haven't shipped yet, so I suppose I could just message them . . . I just wanted to know if there were any guidelines in this type of situation :)
I too would like to know the answer to this anomaly. ;)
One would imagine that regardless of the time of joining BackerClub (BC), one would be eligible for the BackerClub rewards PROVIDED the pledge made falls under the BC rewards. Innit so?
:?:
Can anyone shed some light into this please?
Happy Holidays to the everyone!
8-)
Unfortunately, I think they did make it so that you only receive rewards if you are a member of BC BEFORE you make the pledge or at least before the campaign ends probably. I don't know for certain, of course, but my page of "backed projects" used to include ALL the projects I had pledged regardless of when I joined. Recently, they changed it so it only reflects projects that I pledged to after joining. For whatever reason, where I can manually input my pledge amount, it includes ALL projects, but the pictures of those projects aren't on the page AND the NUMBER of projects I backed also decreased to reflect this. I don't know who would be included on the project creator's page, where they can see who pledged. You might be able to still message the creator and if they're nice, they might give you the reward but I haven't tried. Let me know if you do and are able to get the additional rewards!
djgunner87

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:54 pm

TheTHerm888 wrote: Unfortunately, I think they did make it so that you only receive rewards if you are a member of BC BEFORE you make the pledge or at least before the campaign ends probably. I don't know for certain, of course, but my page of "backed projects" used to include ALL the projects I had pledged regardless of when I joined. Recently, they changed it so it only reflects projects that I pledged to after joining. For whatever reason, where I can manually input my pledge amount, it includes ALL projects, but the pictures of those projects aren't on the page AND the NUMBER of projects I backed also decreased to reflect this. I don't know who would be included on the project creator's page, where they can see who pledged. You might be able to still message the creator and if they're nice, they might give you the reward but I haven't tried. Let me know if you do and are able to get the additional rewards!
Actually what you have said does make absolute sense when you look at this in a strict way. I had backed a project prior to joining BackerClub and this was 10 days after the project ended as well.
So strictly speaking, I was not eligible for the BackerClub rewards for this project.

However, I did write to the creators of that project asking them about my BackerClub rewards ;)
And guess what? They honoured me with the appropriate reward and I was stoked to see that. I guess this generosity and positive attitude is what differentiates exceptional companies/projects from the rest.
:D
What I want to say is that in such a situation, where there isn't any written rules or guidelines, it purely depends on the project creators and their wish to honour the commitment EVEN if they are in no way obligated to do so. This is why I wanted to search this forum to find out anything specific on this matter, which then led me to your post.
:)
I do wish that there were clear cut rules defining all possible situations in the FAQs section.
But seeing that this community is still very young, there is definitely room for improvement. Hopefully in the future we will see this including forum moderators!
8-)
You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.

TheTHerm888

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:18 am

djgunner87 wrote:
TheTHerm888 wrote: Unfortunately, I think they did make it so that you only receive rewards if you are a member of BC BEFORE you make the pledge or at least before the campaign ends probably. I don't know for certain, of course, but my page of "backed projects" used to include ALL the projects I had pledged regardless of when I joined. Recently, they changed it so it only reflects projects that I pledged to after joining. For whatever reason, where I can manually input my pledge amount, it includes ALL projects, but the pictures of those projects aren't on the page AND the NUMBER of projects I backed also decreased to reflect this. I don't know who would be included on the project creator's page, where they can see who pledged. You might be able to still message the creator and if they're nice, they might give you the reward but I haven't tried. Let me know if you do and are able to get the additional rewards!
Actually what you have said does make absolute sense when you look at this in a strict way. I had backed a project prior to joining BackerClub and this was 10 days after the project ended as well.
So strictly speaking, I was not eligible for the BackerClub rewards for this project.

However, I did write to the creators of that project asking them about my BackerClub rewards ;)
And guess what? They honoured me with the appropriate reward and I was stoked to see that. I guess this generosity and positive attitude is what differentiates exceptional companies/projects from the rest.
:D
What I want to say is that in such a situation, where there isn't any written rules or guidelines, it purely depends on the project creators and their wish to honour the commitment EVEN if they are in no way obligated to do so. This is why I wanted to search this forum to find out anything specific on this matter, which then led me to your post.
:)
I do wish that there were clear cut rules defining all possible situations in the FAQs section.
But seeing that this community is still very young, there is definitely room for improvement. Hopefully in the future we will see this including forum moderators!
8-)
Yes, I definitely wish there were some guidelines! Lol I guess we're the only ones so far who are curious about this specific scenario! I didn't want to ask a creator for a reward if I shouldn't be getting one, but I guess it's kind of a gray area. Thank you for letting me know about your experience messaging the creator! That sounds like a great company!
TashaTurner

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Yes, I definitely wish there were some guidelines! Lol I guess we're the only ones so far who are curious about this specific scenario! I didn't want to ask a creator for a reward if I shouldn't be getting one, but I guess it's kind of a gray area. Thank you for letting me know about your experience messaging the creator! That sounds like a great company!
I stopped asking questions or expecting answers from the people who run BackerClub months ago. I'm rarely around on the forum any more.

Creators are awesome and many will bend over backwards for members of this group because we not only bring $$s to their campaign but usually share with friends/social media, frequently give creators advice to improve their campaign or on creating post-campaign surveys, and help answer backer questions which come up on projects helping newbie backers and creators.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature
Imran

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 am

Yup this definitely varies on a project to project basis. I have had the same experience where I was given the reward even though I wasn't a member at the time of backing. How project creators handle BackerClub rewards is really up to them.

For new members you can get some helpful info here: http://backerclub.co/help.php