Backerclub rewards

Anything related to BackerClub.
markalanbaker

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Creators have a dashboard that shows them any BackerClub members that have supported their project. This makes it easy for them to make sure everyone who should be getting a special reward does get one. :)
Mark - Co-Founder
gstadter

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:19 am

Just a thought on the concept of perks for BackerClub members... Quite often I find that the "perk" is a slight discount off of the standard pledge level, but then when I go to the project, I find that the discounted price is higher than the Early Bird price, so I select the Early Bird pledge level, negating any benefit associated with BackerClub. My two cents: I would endorse any previously mentioned idea that results in ALL BackerClub members getting a perk, no matter how small(even just a unique color, if not an additional tangible product or add-on). Hope that made sense. ;-)
lmennuti

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:30 pm

How about as the "standard" Backerclub reward, the creators extend whatever their 'Early Bird' reward is to all BackerClub members, at ANY time? So even if the project is 20 days in and all Early Bird specials are long gone...Us BC members can still get in on it. Could be done by having BC members choose a lower tier, but pledge the Early Bird price and send a note to the creators?

For me, that alone makes being a BC member pretty enticing. If the project creator wanted to take it a step further and offer something BC specific, they could of course, and that would be great. Otherwise go with the "standard" BC reward.
Alexian

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:53 am

well I am backing projects but to be honest I do not think that many project creators see the value of BC. sometimes they offer us the same as everyone else.

Early Bird :

I would like to suggest that all creators should offer us Access to Early bird prices by pledging the one dollar pledge and putting the early bird price or have a pledge specifically to BC and that should not be limited to 1 or 10 or even 60 ...

the BC club members are not members to fight each other over perks we are here to support so if they don't see the value of us then they should not be here.

If the creator cannot or do not have an early bird then other options are ok such as free shipping or T-Shirt, extra items ... thats acceptable only if there is no Early bird options that is available as a pledge.

BackerClub Icon :

I also would like them to have a logo that says BackerClub as big as Kickstarter Staff Pick ... if not bigger. I mean sorry but Staff Pick seems to be on every other project it is no longer a distinguisher as much as Backer Club.

Exclusive Update

An exclusive Update within the project that tells every backer that BackerClub is on board and that we are getting different perks :twisted: :twisted: ... This will help us get more people into our community.

Requirements for Perks

THERE SHOULD BE NONE ... I mean someone coming to backerClub and then says if you want perks you need to spend at least two or three times his product !!! :oops: :evil: :oops: that is just too much. I am a backer on behalf of myself not my complete family. So that should not be accepted as an only perk I mean its welcomed if there is an early bird one or other things but it should not be the only perk at all.

those are my thoughts ... I think we should enforce our perks and not leave it up to the creator. I believe we are at the point where we can be more selective to projects we host. And we should be !!
numbat1

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:39 am

Here is another perspective. Some projects are run very close to the bone with the intent to meet minimum funding needed and provide lowest price affordable to most backers. If that is the case then a creator may not be able to afford to offer all of us a substantial discount.

If you are only going to support a project because of the special perks you receive then you won't back that one and the creator will not receive as much support from BackerClub as they may have hoped for. If I understand it correctly they also pay a fee to BackerClub.

Staff pick may be on almost every other project however it also provides a huge boost to visibility.

The more support to creators we offer, the more valuable our group will be, and hopefully word will spread so creators and potential members will seek us out. As that happens we will become stronger and even more useful.

I personally do not feel entitled to special treatment. I appreciate the offers made by creators. Some will not appeal or apply to me, and some I will not be able to afford to take advantage of.

I find nothing wrong with tracking what BackerClub perks are most favoured and providing that information to creators. I do have a problem with dictating what they provide. One of the perks to the club is simply finding more cool projects, if we scare them away with demands, we may never know they exist, plus we still won't receive the perks you are looking for.

Just my 2 cents.
Alexian

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 am

I see what your saying... Maybe I got the message out in a wrong way but some small points I would like to mention
1- im not asking the creators to lose money to give us items or undercut their margins just for us
However if early bird is available and they had it we should be getting it too. I remember reading something in BackerClub rules long time ago I don't seem to find it anymore.

2- if early bird is not available as mentioned in backer club help section for creators an item or a perk should be provided.
However being creative does not mean asking us to buy two or three to get a perk I don't believe the founders or managers of BackerClub had that in mind as being creative. I speak to myself but I believe lots of backers usually take one item and rarely we go for multiples specially since the item was not tested or sometime not even developed yet.

3- an exclusive update is also mentioned in the backers club help section in point 3

4- I have seen lots of projects that had staff picked that fails one didn't even get 1 backer on board I know they get exposure but so do projects hosted here that's why it they stamp every other project as staff picked it's no longer a distinguisher unlike backer club and with a bigger icon that will give us more exposure that will lead others to join us.

Finally I'm here for the thrill of getting things that sometimes I consider the edge of technology or the uniqueness of a design or the creativity of art, food or whatever is out there ...

But as a club if we don't set ourself apart infront of the public we won't grow ... And if we push to hard we will lose our creators ... It should be a balance that shifts from time to time and never get close to either ends ...

Anyways I wish I could know how many members we are in total.

And thanks for your input numbat1
numbat1

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:38 pm

I like that we can have healthy discussion about such issues and consider others opinions. I too am curious how many members we have.
lmennuti

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:39 am

Apparently there's over 1,200 of us members: http://backerclub.co/forum/memberlist.php
numbat1

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:59 pm

More than I thought, though most of us have been very, very quiet.
Alexian

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 am

Yah I'm enjoying the forum :) hope more people jump in !! And I'm really surprised if we are 1000+ that's great but how many of those are really active and by active I mean checks the BC website at least once every 10 days !