Backerx

Anything related to BackerClub.
denine99

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:15 pm

To be fair, as an update to my previous post, Mark et al did post a new BackerX project on both Thursday and Friday. Maybe he and his team will keep up a steady enough flow of projects that the BackerX club works out well for everyone.
denine99

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 am

Quick followup on my previous post-- I've actually been impressed by the number and variety of projects that came through BackerX. My worries did not come true, though you do have to look at the BackerX emails as quickly as possible. Go ahead and give it a go ;)
btn

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Do I have to create a new BackerX account? This transition from BackerClub to Backer X is confusing to me.

Thanks!

-Brian
Mark L

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Personally, I still have major reservations concerning Backerx, even after the change to 1-time initiation fee and the recent drop in price to $29. My problem is that I don't know what types of projects are involved, and how many, if any, I might be interested in.

So far, the vast majority of projects on BackerClub have been of little or no interest to me - there have been a few, but not many. I suspect that this would be even more true of Backerx projects. I'm therefore hesitant to shell out money for a membership in Backerx when I might well never find a project that interests me.

Since the Backerx site is for members only, and you can't browse to see what types of projects are included without committing to membership first, I don't really feel inclined to spend money to find out if there might be some projects that are of interest to me. The approach of pay first, then find out what you've bought just doesn't appeal to me.
Killerjaws

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 pm

I paid the $29, have so far wanted to back 2 things but they were sold out before I could. Since the major thing holding people back is wondering what is on there, here ya go, a list of what they have had on offer: Boltt Sports, Never tangle lights, Pearls band, Cobba, non-wallet II, phonster x, baseball hat, dinosaur fossil replicas, bar in the jar, bad habit coin, tittle x, evolution wear, ceam, bear soles, James Lucy watches, heated scarf, sence, ortery, eggbert, indulge right, ogre sauce, food freshness card, northbound & notable, power Q, create iOS app, unitty backpacks, puredial watches, sidekick journal, talking toes, startup mixtape
Nute_Gray

Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:14 pm

How do the discounts work?

I'm a new member and I'm interested in one of the pledged that gives a huge discount. But when I try to claim the pledge, it says that I have to commit to the full (no discount) amount.

Do I get refunded the difference? or is it something else?
TashaTurner

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Toren wrote:It seems the owners are using backer x to promote backerclub, I have stopped updating my pledges and almost stopped backing backerclub projects. While Backerclub is still a part of my KS and IGG profiles, I feel the owners have turned their backs on the people who have built their business.
I feel the same Toren. In addition the types of projects they focus on rarely match my interest. For a while ~ a year ago I tried to work with them on being more inclusive and diverse in the kinds of campaigns but it became clear they weren't interested.
-Tasha http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/479254504
Backed over 3,700 Kickstarters
Social media coach http://tasha-turner.com @turner_tasha
Add signature: Click your name, click send private message, click Profile tab, click Edit signature

Sun May 07, 2017 6:14 am

Toren wrote:
"It seems the owners are using backer x to promote backerclub, I have stopped updating my pledges and almost stopped backing backerclub projects. While Backerclub is still a part of my KS and IGG profiles, I feel the owners have turned their backs on the people who have built their business."

I feel the same way as many of the previous commenters, and rarely even bother to look at BackerClub offers anymore. It seems that ever since the BackerClub creators became greedy and tried to soak members with their bogus fees for little useless trinkets, the quality overall has nosedived worse than a nearsighted pelican diving into pavement.

BackerClub is in it's death throes, and I doubt any life support is going to save it. especially with one of the creators acknowledging above that he doesn't even bother to come to the forum to read what his club members are saying. This lack of interest in his own creation has been duly noted in the lack and quality of projects added to BackerClub in recent months. Dubious campaigns that BackerClub pushes that end up being suspended for fraud, and the endless pushing of campaigns repeatedly using the BackerClub e-mail system. (commonly referred to as "SPAMMING IT'S OWN MEMBERS" ie. did I really need 4 e-mails for Melange sheets and the same "new Projects" listed over 8 different e-mails????) BackerClub creators seem to be sitting back doing as little input as possible while trying to grab as maximum dollars from members before it all goes belly up!