BackerClub reward not honoured

Anything related to BackerClub.
Killerjaws

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi, I recently backed "The Refuge" which offered an Exclusive BackerClub card as the reward. The creators claim they don't know anything about this. What usually happens with these cases?
gryphonent

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:06 pm

SlimEdition Bifold Wallet just pulled the same trick. Promised a free wallet and now changed the reward after a successful campaign to “N/A.” I’m getting sick and tired of people not honoring pledges and promises. Here’s Slim Bifold's reply on Kickstarter:

"Hi everyone, we’re getting quite a few requests from our backers about free BackerClub wallets.
We have been trying to find the root of this since the very first message and with regards to that, we found that one of our crowdfunding partners listed us on BackerClub without our knowledge and did not consult us.
We didn’t list our project BackerClub as we found out from our previous campaign that the wallet has a much higher cost than we anticipated and it isn’t feasible to offer two wallets for the price of one.
If you would like a refund, please PM us and we will issue one to you (for verified BackerClub members).”

@BackerClub: How are you handling issues like these? Steps forward? If you want to remain credible then it’s time to think about a safeguard… i.e. money paid into an escrow account by the creator or similar.