preview link and couple of questions. New member here.

Anything related to BackerClub.
_werther_

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 am

Hi Backers,
I am a new member of backerclub. I am actually a creator that wants to get feedback from backers.
I have a few questions which are not clear to me and couldn't find an answer in past topics.

First of all.
If I post the preview link of my Kickstarter page what happens? will it be considered as a draft project and will be closed to backerclub member support?
will it be for feedback only (which we also ask for)
will it be considered as live project.
Generally, other than trying directly I have no clue how the system works with preview links.
and obviously I don't want to spoil our campaign by pasting preview link and miss any other opportunities.

I think this will be very informative for other newcomers as well.

Appreciate your reply.
Warm regards

Tugra
WalkOVR http://www.walkovr.com
Agentdave7

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 am

_werther_ wrote:
Hi Backers,
I am a new member of backerclub. I am actually a creator that wants to get feedback from backers.
I have a few questions which are not clear to me and couldn't find an answer in past topics.

First of all.
If I post the preview link of my Kickstarter page what happens? will it be considered as a draft project and will be closed to backerclub member support?
Generally, other than trying directly I have no clue how the system works with preview links.
and obviously I don't want to spoil our campaign by pasting preview link and miss any other opportunities.

Appreciate your reply.
Warm regards

Tugra
As far as I am aware, you can share the draft campaign whenever, with whoever you want. It's a great way to get feedback on your campaign page before you launch your campaign. I actually wish more people took advantage of the feature. Exactly how that is viewed by BackerClub, idk. I would think the forums would be the best place to do it.
Crowdfunding Enthusiast - Helping dreams come true; hoping that one day mine will too.

🌐 Kickstarter Profile
🌐 Indiegogo Profile

StevenBackerClub

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 am

_werther_ wrote:
Hi Backers,

First of all.

Appreciate your reply.
Warm regards

Tugra
Hey Tugra,

First of all, great idea. Sharing your campaign page, rewards, pricing, etc. during prelaunch is a crucial time to receive feedback. And luckily, the BackerClub forums is a great place to start. Just please be open/receptive to the feedback you hear. Many of BackerClub's members have a lot of experience in particular categories (and areas outside of Kickstarter).

To specifically answer your questions:
  1. Will it be for feedback only (which we also ask for)
    Correct - there will even be a "feedback" box at the top where visitors can leave comments. People will not be able to pledge.
  2. Will it be considered as live project.
    No. It will have a "preview" token in the URL and the Kickstarter system will know that the campaign is not live. It will be view & feedback only. Only you decide when a project is officially "live" and "pledgeable" (doubt that's a word, but oh well!).

No worries. BackerClub is here to support creators and backers - please feel free to ask away. That said, please check out this Kickstarter Help Center article https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/a ... -I-launch-

Agreed - perhaps we'll turn this topic into a sticky post soon.
Steven F.
Team BackerClub