COMHEAR YARRA 3DX - NEWS & BACKGROUNDS

Anything related to Kickstarter
Edwin

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 am

Position Kickstarter
Kickstarter has made a statement on Februari 4th 2019
Date: Wednesday 20 February 2019 19:55
Recipients: Kickstarter (recipients email address undisclosed)
Onderwerp: RE: [Kickstarter] Re: To: @Will, Director of Trust & Safety

Will and Jon,

If you even care at all:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ya ... 4/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ya ... e/comments

Regards,
Edwin
Sent: Sunday 17 February 2019
To: Kickstarter, Director of Trust & Safety and Senior Director of Strategy & Insights

Anything?
See no evil hear no evil?
Come on guys!

BR,
Edwin

Sent: Wednesday 6 February 2019
To: Kickstarter, Director of Trust & Safety and Senior Director of Strategy & Insights

Hello Will and Jon,

Thank again for your message and allowing to share this with the backergroup.

@Jon:
Reason for including you in this reply is to inform you about the status. The events will be of impact of backers and future creators on this platform. Personally I hate to conclude Kickstarter is no longer worthy being a proud member of, being a Super-super backer does not seem to mean anything anymore, I therefore removed my avatar as it doesn't serve a purpose, what a shame, I thought we were all working towards a better and responsible platform.

Like others I'm boycotting Kickstarter and will undo my ‘superbacker’ status too as soon as the current project I pledged for has ended. However if you'd like to contact me to (re)solve the issues at hand or if you'd like an open discussion about Kickstarter future, I'm open to that regardless the outcome of the Comhear debacle, because of the relationship we have built.

@Will (and @Jon):
For the backergroup your message really makes no sense. With all information, documentation and evidence handed to you on a silver platter, what did you investigate? It is evident that all the money has been spent (1500%) and funds misappropriated, the CEO even confirmed that in the San Diego tribune! Comhear does not respond, not even to our open letter, and they will only buy time. To the backers Mr. Gerry Chastelet just fools around with us, knowing now he even has Kickstarter on a leash!!

What is Kickstarter waiting for? It is clear Comhear Inc. violated the Terms of Use they commited themselves to prior to the launch of the project, especially #4. We gave you all the ammunition we have - still have a few aces up our sleeves - , what does it take (what evidence should we provide) for Kickstarter to really take action? It looks like Kickstarter is in a safe harbor no matter what happens. If you don’t have the guts to step up against the bad creators you might as well remove your Terms of Use. Why should we backers even consider future pledges (to honest creators) knowing Kickstarter will *not* back us up when creators will be let of the hook in one way or another, even when presenting all evidence they have failed?

If canned replies is all we wind up getting, it will ultimately bring an end to the industry.

Don’t get me wrong, we all signed up for the good reasons years ago and are well aware of any risks involved. We did not however sign up to get robbed in broad daylight and having Kickstarter stand watching it happen and do nothing. I hate to see malpractices, abuse of our beloved platform and future creators to pick the sour fruits, not being able to get their funds for their dreams to become a reality, because the hard core backer community is turning their backs and walk out on the platform.

This doesn’t blow away.
If you allow this to happen, companies will come to the platform like flies to the a pile of shit, running fake projects *BECAUSE* you let them - not having restrictions or teeth to prevent them from ripping off backers (in good faith).

It's your turn!

For what it's worth to you I have put some of today’s first thought/comments below to indicate how the backergroup feels about Kickstarter message to the “Comhear YARRA 3DX: The Most Advanced 3D Audio System In The World project.”

Remember: 1,848 backers pledged $738,184 to help bring this project to life - excluding furious IGG backers of which many are Kickstarter backers who were late to the KS campaign and chipped in for another roughly $500K -

Some of today's comments
“Reposting in case my original was missed below:
Totally agree and what I've been saying for a long time. Unfortunately Kickstarter is part of the problem. Things will not improve until Kickstarter begins to feel the pain of Facebook because public awareness rises to the point that NYT articles are written about the problem and legislators begin holding hearings. Facebook got away with all kinds of crap until public awareness got to the point that they went under the magnifying glass by media and politicians.”

“Thanks @Edwin, I agree with Trogdor's comments in that it's all nice fluffy 'we have done our best but realistically we don't have any idea or power to do anything'.”

Edwin Superbacker
@all:
As per Kickstarter:
"if you have any other documentation or information you'd like us to review, feel free to share here."

I haven't replied to Kickstarter to have them see for themselves what our backergroup thinks of their response and the impact it will have on us as well as KS backer community as a whole.
Please keep your thoughts coming, for many this may be the last opportunity to do so and be heard.

Edwin Superbacker
Filed complaints with ESMA, FTC, Attorney Generals Office, local financial watch dogs and credit card company and others.

Edwin Superbacker
Rite Team KS project is another recent example of the new trend

“Hi @Edwin, many thanks for this and all the other great work that you have done. I think KS’s response is as expected, my take on it is they will do nothing substantive to get Comhear prioritise fulfilment above all else. In other words this is a let’s wait and see, I don’t want to get my hands dirty admission by KS. Honestly I doubt that KS will do anything material even when the campaign is officially dead and we are left in the lurch. Our assault on the publicity side should target KS’s skewed model generally as much as Comhear’s crookedness specifically. Only backers walking out on them in large numbers will get KS to take any meaningful action I think. Personally I’m in a boycott, hope a significantly large number of others are in the same boat.”

“Totally agree and what I've been saying for a long time. Unfortunately Kickstarter is part of the problem. Things will not improve until Kickstarter begins to feel the pain of Facebook because public awareness rises to the point that NYT articles are written about the problem and legislators begin holding hearings. Facebook got away with all kinds of crap until public awareness got to the point that they went under the magnifying glass by media and politicians.”

“Edwin, so I guess that KS lackey, wasn’t impressed that Gerry “The Crook” Chastelet, basically admitted to the press, that the whole KS campaign was a scam, when he said the Conhear, had no response intention of producing the soundbar from the funds raised. What a naive, fucking idiot the KS lackey is.”

“Thanks for your efforts Edwin. I remember you had mentioned you had more contacts with KS than the average person.

I need to think on this a bit but my first impression is nothing has changed. Of course Gerry is going to say that they are going to committed to this project (up until the time we receive notice of Chapter 7 or 11 reorganization - as an example) - they would be fools to say otherwise.

Other random thoughts:
//"We did request..." -- No teeth here. No enforcement. No action.
//"Moving forward, Kickstarter will continue to keep an eye...". No action here either.
//"After a thorough investigation...". What was investigated by KS? Items you and others had found? What actually was done here?

KS has given the creator the, "Benefit of the doubt" it would seem. To do otherwise would set a dangerous precedent for them. The ball remains, as it has been, in the backers arena and a high cost/effort ration to push back.

In short: If it makes some feel fuzzy and warm that KS is, "...keeping an eye.." on this, so be it. Nothing new here unfortunately.”

“Cool! With this letter and 6 bucks I can get a cappuccino. Ever hoping to receive the product. Not holding my breath.”

“Unfortunately I agree with the above - a lot of words that essentially say nothing. Political speak with no substance that buys time. Basically just a personalized version of the boiler plate that backers normally receive from KS when they complaint. In other words: Bupkis!”
Feb 4, 11:24 AM EST

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for your patience and for passing along your letter to Comhear. I wanted to give you a quick update on our investigation into Yarra 3DX.

After a thorough investigation, we recently spoke to Comhear, Inc. CEO Gerry Chastelet. During that conversation we were told that Comhear is still committed to fulfilling the Yarra3DX product to all backers and actively working towards that goal. They indicated that they are taking successful fulfillment of the product seriously and understand the frustration backers have experienced.

We did request that Comhear more actively engage with the community, including posting more regular updates and offering more transparency into their ongoing efforts to fulfill the campaign.

Moving forward, Kickstarter will continue to keep an eye on their fulfillment progress, but if you have any other documentation or information you'd like us to review, feel free to share here.

Best,
Will"
(red: Director of Trust & Safety)
As stated by one of the backers: "The Terms of Use were written by lawyers for lawyers. Based on the responses backers have received thus far Kickstarter does not seem to care. Comhear has taken backers' money, on the statement all that the company has to do is "ramp up production", they didn't. Therefore, they are in the wrong. And no weasel words in the terms of use will change that."
......awaiting Kickstarter reply to the response sent out 02-06-2019, mostly based on the general tone of voice ofcomments from the backers (and scrolling up)

Until today February 26 2019 Kickstarter remaining silent......

<< BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS >>
Last edited by Edwin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
Edwin

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 am

>
Last edited by Edwin on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:07 am, edited 12 times in total.
Petteri

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

I am IGG backer for 2 units from Finland. Been following your discussion at KS, but cant comment there.
Edwin

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi Petteri,

Welcome to this forum. When starting this thread I chose the KS topics category. Of course IGG backers like yourself are more then welcome to read and contribute to the thread. We are all in the same boat, regardless of the platform.

Please bear in mind this thread is dedicated to build our case, not intended to start ongoing rage, invoke rights for refund, etc.
I believe at this point the URL to this thread should not be mentioned on either platform. There are still a lot of information that has to find its way to the various overviews. Once that is done and facts are validated we can go public with it.

If you would like to add information, just post it in here in accordance with the notes on page #1

Thanks
Edwin
Trogdor

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Working on a press release draft...may be a few more days.
Yarra

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 am

Do you guys know, if Yarra was really advertised in all the press as stated on the wall in the "about" ? If so, may be we can compile a letter and send it all over?
Edwin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:12 am

We have made sure to add those to the list of press from the start, the press mentioned will do their research and depending on the outcome can easily determine as to whether backers (and press) have been abused.

The compiled list (See press recipients - overview) is a very solid and impressive one, additional influential press, including non-US ones would be welcome to complete the list.
Edwin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 am

Just to be sure, you mean this one right?
Attachments
Press.png
Press Comhear claimed to have the Yarra 3DX to be featured in
Press.png (138.26 KiB) Viewed 124098 times
Edwin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 am

@Trogdor:
Thanks, we all need a couple of days, we have our regular commitments.
Comhear isn't going anywhere....
Speak soon!